If you’re someone who have interest in biology, along with good problem solving and logical skills, and have a desire to serve others, you have an option to take it to a professional level.
You can take up a career in ‘HOMEOPATHY’.
Surely you would need to study about the field and take up a course to be one, but presence of above mentioned qualities can be a big asset for this profession. As, these are some of important qualities in a homeopathic career.
Brief description of the profession: –
With use of both logical mind as well as critical thinking, one needs to basically treat diseases and illness by detecting and understanding the symptoms of the patients.
Also, one needs to recommend proper diet and food to be taken along the medication, for which one should have detailed knowledge of all the symptoms, diseases and food.
One needs to be responsible and careful about the medication they are recommending as they affect a person’s health.
Skills required for the field:
- Active listening and observation: As one needs to figure out the symptoms of the illness.
- Critical thinking: One need to decipher the correct disease based on the symptoms.
- Judgment and decision making: One need to give the correct medication and diet recommendation based on the illness a patient is suffering.
- Service oriented: Needs to be patient and empathic towards others, as they are helping them.
- Responsible: Cannot risk giving a wrong advice or medication.
- Logical skills and understand: One need to have detailed knowledge and understanding about all disease, medications and food, to make the correct recommendation.
There are many opportunities in this industry and different ways in which one can work in Homeopathy.
- Homeopathic medical consultant: They only give consultations to the patients based up on patients’ symptoms, personality traits, psychological and physiological conditions, in relation to their life history.
- Homeopathic doctors: They use various remedies for the treatment including herbs & compounds, massages, essential oils, acupuncture and even aromatherapy. They are usually self-employed and have high salaries, though working hours can be very irregular.
- Homeopathy pharmacist-cum-dispenser: They only sell homeopathic medicines.
- Chief medical officer: They treat patients as well as manage the administrative work. They have to cooperate with the team, initiate the process as well as train and motivate the staff.
- Hospital manager: They are responsible for managing the administration of the health services of a hospital, including planning strategizing and coordinating. They also have to supervise various sections like physicians, nursing, technician and more to make sure about their working and functioning.
- Homeopathic professor/lecturer: They teach students homeopathy in various government and private colleges.
How well does the job pay?
The pay varies and depend on what role you have taken up and the level of hospital you are working in. But, as a fresher you can bag up to 10k to 20k easily. It’ll increase gradually as you experience more and move to a higher level.
There’s much more money in private sector than government sector in this field. Also, homeopathic doctors earn more than others in this field.
Working in a homeopathy field many involves dealing with patients and recommending medications. They have to communicate with patients with empathy and care. They have to maintain the ethical standards while working and keep record of medical history of patients. Also, one needs to guide and cooperate with the staff.
How do I get there?
- Complete 10+2 in science stream with biology.
- Pursue B.H.M.S (4 .5 Years of study + 1 Year Internship).
*Internship is a compulsory part of the programme and different universities have different eligibility criteria but aggregate of 55% marks in class 12 is a must.
- Pursue Post-Graduation Program 2-3 years OR Diploma/PG Diploma 1-2 years (Optional)
- PHD in the area of the specialization. (Optional)
|NAME OF THE COLLEGE||ELEMENTS INCLUDED IN THE EXAM||MONTH (ROUGH ESTIMATE)|
|NIH Kolkata BHMS||Admission through NEET||May-June|
|Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM)||Admission through NEET||May-June|
|Faculty of Medical sciences, University of Delhi||Admission through NEET||May-June|
TOP INSTITUTES IN INDIA
- National Institute Of Homeopathy, Kolkata
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Homeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Nehru Homeopathic Medical college, New Delhi
- Kamaxi Devi Homeopathic Medical College (University of Goa), Goa
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Homeopathic Medical College, Bhopal
- D.Y.Patil Homeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh
- Vasundhara Raje Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Madhya Pradesh
- M. L. Dhawale Memorial Trust, Mumbai
- A prestigious and self-satisfactory job, as it involves helping others.
- Have job security.
- Good financial scope.
- Colleges have high fees.
- Long study path.
- Involves patience, stress and long working hours.
So, if you interest, calibre and personality match the requirements of this profession, you can learn more skills and plan ahead to go in this.
Apart from this, if you have any other career related query or some other interest area that you want us to take up, you can comment below and let us know that. Also, you can contact us directly for psychometric tests and personalized counselling.